Alright moms, it’s time for you to sit back and let your baker-in-training do all the work! Anora, my 12-year-old daughter, is happy to share with you and your kidlets her go to chocolate chip cookie recipe. It’s easy and always a crowd pleaser!
ANORA’S CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
You will need:
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 large egg
2 1/4 cups flour (we like unbleached)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
10 oz. bag of Ghirardelli premium baking chips
- Set butter out to get it to room temperature. If you’re ready to start baking right away, 15 seconds in the microwave usually does the trick!
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Beat sugars, butter, vanilla, and egg in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until well combined. Stop mixer and add flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix on low to medium low–dough will be stiff! Remove from mixer and stir in entire bag of delicious chips!
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about two inches apart onto a cookie sheet prepared with baking parchment (if you have it). We always make our balls almost golf ball size to accommodate the large chips.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until the edges get a light brown tint. Cool 3 to 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
makes approximately 2 dozen cookies
SIDE NOTE: We love these cookies even better the second day! Store in a sealed container once completely cooled.
Yum! Grab some milk and go to town!
Pete & Anora